Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014 It's Always Sunny in PHILADELPHIA!

Hello!

Guess what?! Guess what?! I'm in Philly! I finally made it to Philly :) We were a little worried about today if it was going to work out or not because it has been raining all weekend long... Luckily, though, the rain stopped this morning and the sun came out. (I guess Heavenly Father heard my prayers.) And to answer your question, Mom, I haven't heard of any flooding, but there was a lot of water on the roads yesterday and the creeks were very full.

Moira, a member in our ward who nannies, took us to Philly today with the kids she cares for. We started off at the touch and feel museum with the kids and it was so fun! Right now we're eating lunch in the Reading Terminal Market which is basically just a huge food court place with various types of food. Our next venture is to the temple and then to Liberty Bell and Love Park. I also believe we'll go to the art museum and anywhere else we can make it today. I love it so far and I'm so excited for the rest of the day. I'll send pictures next week :).



Since I'm emailing in the market, my email is going to be a little short today... Sorry,but I'll tell you all about it next week!

Femi's baptism is next Sunday and I am so excited! We met with him yesterday and he is doing so well. We asked how his readings were going and he told us that he is reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning and the end. He is also reading the Bible from Genesis, the Doctrine and Covenants, True to the Faith, and the Gospel Principles book! He is excited for his baptism next week and he finally told his wife that he is getting baptized! He said that he thinks she will be baptized after she gets her "trainings" in. (Femi calls our lessons trainings.)

We were only able to see Manuela on Monday night this week for FHE and it went well. We played Plan of Salvation "Life" with her and her kids. After a little while her kids lost interest in the game so we quickly finished and answered Manuela's questions afterward. She was going to come to church yesterday (she even got work off) but her son got sick. Hopefully we'll see her this week sometime!

I loved the Women's Broadcast on Saturday! It was so good and the best part was when President Eyring said that he was baptized in Philadelphia! :) hehe I can't wait for General Conference this weekend! So excited!

Well, I'm going to end there so I can get back to my Philly adventures! It sounds like you've had a busy week, though. I hope you have a wonderful week! Love you all!

Love,

Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment