Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014 I'm Getting Transferred...again!

Hey everyone!

Yup, you read it right! After only being in little Hamburg for 4 weeks, I'm getting transferred. It's crazy! I totally thought I was going to stay and train. I thought Sister Maybury was going to be transferred, but she is staying and I'm going! It's crazy to think that in just 9 months I'll have served in 5 different areas. Crazy!

Piles of snow in Hamburg, PA

My birthday was great! I'm not gonna lie, it did feel just like a normal missionary day, but I had some special surprises that made it great! :) Thank you to everyone who helped make my birthday special :).

Happy Birthday, Sister Davis

Sister Davis and Sister Maybury celebrating

The Elders made birthday brownies for Sister Davis

So, this week we had a miracle! We found a new investigator through tracting! I have never found an investigator out of tracting, so this was amazing. Her name is Emily and she was super nice and bubbly. She let us in and we talked to her a little about the Book of Mormon and the priesthood authority. She said that she was really interested and invited us to come back the next day. We left her with a Book of Mormon because she said that she wanted to read it! So, we went back the next day prepared to teach her about the Restoration. The first thing she tells us is that she did some "research" on our religion. She first read the intro and the testimonies to the Book of Mormon, then she visited Mormon.org and a Wikipedia site... The Wikipedia site shared info about the Word of Wisdom (she's a coffee and tea drinker) and that we practice polygamy. She told us because of those things, being Mormon would not be for her. We explained that we don't practice polygamy and tried our best to explain why we have the Word of Wisdom. We also taught her the Restoration because she wanted to know what the difference was between our religion and hers. She liked what we taught, but didn't want to continue meeting with us. She was super nice about the whole thing, though, which was awesome!

Tuesday night we helped serve food at the food pantry here. That was fun :) and it was wonderful being able to serve. I haven't done any service activities for a while, so it was really nice to be able to do that. Tuesday and Wednesday were marathon days--a lot of lessons back-to-back, which was just fine with me! We had a lot of lessons with investigators this week which was awesome!

Beverly is doing awesome! She just finished the Book of Mormon this week (it took her a little less than 6 months to read!) and she is more than excited for her baptism. We're going to see if we can move her date up to the 22nd of March just because of the General Woman's Broadcast on the 29th. We're not entirely sure what we're going to do with Carlee yet. We asked our zone leaders if we could keep teaching her and they said we could until it got closer to baptism. When that happens then the Reading sisters will have to take over because Carlee will have to go to the Reading Ward unless the stake president says otherwise. 

Well, that's about it for my week. Thank you for all that you do for me! I really appreciate it :). I hope you are all doing well and that you have a great week! Love you!
Love,
Sister Davis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment