Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014 Happy Snowy St. Patrick's Day

Hello!
 
There's no better way to start off the week than to wake up to snow....... NOT! Yes, I did wake up to snow this morning, but luckily it's just a spring storm so all of the snow is melted now.

Sister Hanson and Sister Davis with their Lucky Charms


Anyway, this week was a rather slow week. We talked to Joseph earlier this week and he told us he was busy with some things and to try him again in a couple of weeks... Then we also had the appointment with the Austrian lady (Manuela) fall through. First of all she was called into work, but she found someone to cover for her. Then on her way over, her son got sick in the car and so we had to cancel.. She did come to the Relief Society birthday dinner we had on Thursday night, though, and she seemed to enjoy her time there. She called the member who has friended her afterwards with an hour's worth of questions on Relief Society. She is still really interested in meeting with us which is awesome! Hopefully we'll be able to set something up this week!
 
We also had another member invite us over for dinner this week with one of their nonmember co-workers. Josie (the co-worker) was super cute and bubbly, but not too interested. She did, however, come to church yesterday, but when I talked to her after church she still didn't seem too interested. Oh well. We planted a seed, right? Oh and to top it off, the members fed us fish for dinner... Even Sister Hanson doesn't like fish!
 
We did, however, get to meet with Femi twice this week! He is doing sooo awesome, and he is progressing really well. Oh and he now has a baptismal date for April 6th.  We are so excited! :)
 
We also ended up doing quite a bit of service this week because we had other appointments fall through. Saturday we went to Broomall to help with a youth service activity and we got to go to Olive Garden beforehand. Needless to say, that made my day.

Mural on building in downtown Phoenixville, PA

I realized that I goofed a couple of weeks ago when I said this is my fifth area... It's really my fourth, but Sister Hanson is my fifth companion. Just thought I would clarify that. And thank you for the halfway package! You know, half a bag of Cadbury Eggs is a little cruel, but I guess I'll live ;) just kidding. Oh and by the way, Sister Hanson and I have decided to celebrate our halfway on the 23rd because that's what day we'll leave the mission field. So, you'll get pictures next week. 
 
Well, that's about it for my week... Not too much that happened this week. Hopefully this next week will be a little more exciting! I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!
 
Love,
Sister Davis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment