Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014 What a Week!

Hey everyone!

Wow! What a week! First of all, this weekend was BEAUTIFUL!!! It got up to 80 degrees this weekend and I didn't have to wear five layers! I loved it! :) hehe

Secondly, Femi got baptized yesterday!!! It was quite a sweet surprise. Thursday night we received a message from Femi asking us if he could be baptized this weekend or next. He told us that he was able to work everything out with his wife and she gave him the "ok" to be baptized. So, we quickly arranged everything and he was able to be baptized. I was actually really surprised at how many ward members came especially on such short notice. Overall, it was a great day (especially since it was warm outside, too) and Femi was really happy and said that he felt like a new person. 


Femi's baptism, April 13, 2014 with the Jenson family

Most of the rest of our week entailed service. We helped a member in our ward clean up some wood in a bedroom that she is renovating and we also helped another member move some things to her new house. We also helped fill Easter eggs for the Phoenixville's Easter egg hunt they had this weekend. (We volunteer at the Civic Center once a week which is just the recreation center for Phoenixville.) Not really anything else too exciting that happened this week.

Oh! We did have a church tour for Chris on Friday and it went really well. Basically the entire time he was just asking to be baptized. He kept asking questions about how we baptize and what he needs to do to be baptized, so we extended the invitation and he accepted. We tried to set a date with him, but he was going to be out of town that day. He did say though that he would come to church on Sunday, however he woke up sick yesterday morning so he was unable to come.

So now that Femi is baptized, Sister Hanson and I basically do not have any investigators anymore... Chris has now moved into the elders area so he'll become their investigator and then Manuela will eventually be turned over to the elders in the other ward since she lives in their ward boundaries. I guess we're just going to have to get to work!

So, I don't know if you heard about the "Because of Him" social media "take-over" that the church is doing this week, but all of the missionaries have been asked to promote this and flood their Facebook pages with it. I want to ask you if you will join me with this to flood the Internet with this. You can go to mormon.org/becauseofhim to find memes, videos, etc. or you can share what I put on my Facebook page. (This started yesterday and it ends on Easter.)


Sister Hanson and Sister Davis at Valley Forge

Oh! I almost forgot! Transfers are this week, but I'm staying and so is Sister Hanson. I'm sure you figured transfers were coming up soon since I received my Easter package a couple days ago. Thank you for it!

Well, I hope you all have a great week! Happy Easter! :)

Love,
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment