Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013 What a Great Week!

Hey family!

So this past week was great! Especially with Conference! Wasn't that so good?! I loved it! And I loved that I watched all of it for once... No falling asleep or having to work and missing it. 

Sister Davis and Sister Whitaker enjoying Rita's water ice

First off, I want to wish mom a Happy Birthday on Saturday! I hope you have a great day! And thank you so much for the package! I received it on Thursday and I made the muffins yesterday morning for breakfast! I loved everything in it and thank you for sending my sweats! 

So, to start off, this week we met with President Anderson on Tuesday for interviews. They were short, but we found out that Sister Whitaker and I would be getting a car! So, that meant no more having to share a car :). Wednesday night the Assistants brought us our brand new car! A 2014 Chevy Cruze! I feel a lot of trust and pressure driving around that brand new car. I actually haven't been able to drive it yet, but you get my point. 

Thursday we had zone training, and afterwards we sat down as a district and set new area boundary lines for each of us just because our previous boundaries weren't working out very well. Now our area goes down more into the city of Reading and I love it! I don't know why I love working down in Reading. I should probably be more scared because of the crime rates (I guess they're worse than Philly), but I'm really not. Maybe it's just the feeling of being in the city, or maybe it's because people tend to be more humble because they struggle more financially . I don't know, but I'm excited to be able to work more there.

Reading Railroad (think Monopoly) Station in Temple, PA

Another exciting thing that happened this week was Shelia (less active) came to Conference! She seemed to enjoy it, and she was even taking notes! We also picked up an investigator this week. Her name is Nicole and she's been investigating for about 5 years I believe. The elders passed her off to us since she's now in our area in Reading. She set a baptismal date for December 8th when we met her. The only thing that's holding her back from being baptized is smoking... Hopefully we'll be able to keep her committed to that date!

Tomorrow night all of us sisters are going to learn how to knit!  We went to volunteer at a club this past week called the Nice Knitters who donate all of their work to various places in Reading. Since none of us know how to knit, we're going to learn tomorrow night when they have classes. So, that's fun.

Tonight Sister Whitaker and I are going over to a recent convert's for dinner. Elisia (recent convert) is really cool, very strong in the gospel, and is an awesome missionary! She invites everyone to her house when the missionaries come over! She's also a bouncer or was one. I'm not entirely sure what her conversion story is, but I'm sure it's really cool!

We haven't been able to meet with Estevon again this week and we haven't heard from him much either. Apparently he deactivated his Facebook account and he hasn't texted us back... Oh I might be getting a Facebook either this week or next! I'm pretty excited. (EDITOR'S NOTE: Missionaries with Facebook pages cannot "friend" family and friends from home but you will be able to view her page when she has completed her training.)




We email at the family history center in the church building, so we'll probably still email next Monday. It sounds like you've all had a good week and weekend! I hope you're all doing well! 

I love you all!

Love, 
Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment