Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014

Hey everyone!

Wow, what a week! Well, first of all, we had a couple of sick days so we didn't really get out much, but what we did get to do was great!

Probably the highlight of my week was going to our investigator's Bible study group on Thursday. I think I told you about Jay last week. (He's the one starting his own church.) Anyway, Jay and some of his friends started this Bible study group a few years ago and it has grown to a group of 20-30 young single adults who love Christ. It was so awesome! I was so amazed that a group of non LDS single adults my age would spend an evening talking about missionary work and building up their communities and they actually loved it, too! Another thing I was amazed with was how modestly dressed they were, especially since it is summer time! (Maybe the rain helped a little, but still!)

So it first started off with dinner and socializing and then we separated into guys and girls groups (like Relief Society and Priesthood) for the Bible study part. It was really neat and they were all very nice. We took a returned missionary with us and she had the idea after leaving to ask if they would like to hold it at our church building so the Spirit that is there could be felt! I think that would be so awesome. It would be so awesome if all of these young adults joined! The Young Single Adults here would be so strong!


Randy and Lisa baptism 5/26/2014

The rest of the week wasn't all that exciting. We just stopped by a lot of less actives and a few investigators but not too much happened. Especially with a couple of sick days we were inside for most of the day. Fortunately though, I was able to catch up on some things that I have fallen behind on like my journal writing ;).

Sorry for the lame email. Hopefully next week I'll have some more exciting news. I hope you had a great Father's Day yesterday, Dad!

I hope you all have a fantastic week! This week here is supposed to be really hot and humid... Yay! ;) Love you all!

Love,

Sister Davis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment