Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 26, 2014 Happy Memorial Day!

Hey everyone!

So, this e-mail is going to be short today because I have a lot of cleaning to do! Sorry :/.

As for transfers, no I am not being transferred, but I sure feel like I am. Sister Hanson is being transferred and they are "closing" the apartment that I live in now, so I will be moving to Bridgeport tomorrow when I pick up my new companion. So, that means a lot of deep cleaning today! They are also taking the English Elders out of this ward, so that means that my new comp and I will take over the whole ward. I'm a little stressed about this, because where I will be living is not at all central to the ward boundaries where my proselyting area is. I'm on the eastern side of the ward and about ten miles from Phoenixville, which doesn't seem like a lot, but when you have to track your miles and stay within the limitations, that is a lot! I'm thinking I'll only be able to come to Phoenixville like once a week to see the people that we are teaching now... Plus I'll take on all of the elder's people that they are teaching... I'll be extra busy now! I am excited for a newer adventure, though, but I still am stressed about it. I'll be fine though. Give me a week and I'll be fine, ha. 

Sister Hanson and Sister Davis at Magic Gardens

This morning the ward had a Memorial Day "fun run"/breakfast/ward activity at Valley Forge National Park. It was fun to go to and see the ward members outside of church. It was also good for the missionaries who are leaving to say goodbye to ward members. It was a beautiful morning and also a very warm one. By 8:30 it was already 70 degrees. Just forty minutes ago it was 88 degrees! I don't think I'm ready for this heat! Ha


   
Nothing else too exciting happened this week. The baptism for Lisa and Randy is still on tonight! :) I am so excited for them. It will be a very special night! After the baptism we're just going to stay overnight at the Broomall sisters' apartment so we can save on miles since we'll have to be there tomorrow morning. Oh and did I mention I have to sleep on the floor?.... Wish me luck! Well, that's about it. It sounds like you've had a busy week. So happy to hear that Josh and Kelsie are moved in and that you got the package :). I hope you have a great rest of your Memorial Day and rest of your week!


Love you!  Love,
Sister Davis  

No comments:

Post a Comment