Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014 Snow, Snow Go Away!

Hey everyone!

So this past week was crazy! It snowed way too much, and I'm pretty sure there is a good foot and a half if not two feet of snow out there! I will be very happy once spring comes, and I know everyone else here is in the same vote!

Snowstorm in Berks County, February 13, 2014

Not too much happened this week because of the snow and meetings that we had. Tuesday we had zone conference where we got our iPads :). That took most of our day and especially the commute to get home. We got stuck in traffic for a good forty-five minutes!

Wednesday I went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders and it was a pretty awesome day. I stayed up here in Hamburg and Sister Argueta came here with me. We had a pretty busy day with a lot of awesome appointments that were lined up back-to-back. Thursday it snowed all day long and it was a big storm too. Every time it snows our cars are "parked" and so we can't drive them. Sister Argueta ended up spending most of Thursday with me, too, because we had no way to exchange back without being able to drive. So we entered data onto our iPads from our area books for most of the day.

Sister Jensen, Sister Davis, Sister Argueta and Sister Maybury

Friday we had district meeting and then weekly planning afterwards and then Saturday it decided to snow again all day long. We ended up working more on updating our iPads on Saturday and then when the snow finally stopped we went out to see an investigator, Colleen, who I haven't met yet and who Sister Maybury hadn't seen for a while. It was definitely a prompting to go see her because we hadn't planned to see her at all. It was just a random thought that came to my mind to go see her. She first started off by telling us that she enjoyed our visits, but she wasn't interested in converting. She then proceeded to tell us that she has questions and I asked her what those questions were. She asked if there really was an afterlife which beautifully led in a lesson on the Plan of Salvation. We taught her about half of it before we extended invitation to her to be baptized and she said yes! It was so awesome! Especially to know that it was all directed by the Spirit because we had no prior planning for this lesson.

Our investigators are doing pretty good. Our strongest right now is Beverly who has a baptismal date for March 29th. She showed us yesterday at church that she is now on day 13 of not smoking! She is doing so awesome and she is progressing so well. She definitely is one I'm not worried about going less active after she is baptized. She is ready and I'm so excited for her.

Other than that, that was our week. I'm excited to see how our iPads will be able to "hasten the work!" I just first have to figure everything out with it.

Well, I hope you are all doing well and that you have an awesome week!

Love ya!
Sister Davis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment